Gold Coast Marathon '16
Run - 03 Jul 2016
Race: Gold Coast Marathon
Result: 21st, 2nd IAAF Oceania Marathon
The Plan: “Relaxed and strong, relaxed and strong” This was my game-plan.
– Eased into my stride, as I took to the streets of the GC.
– Found my rhythm early on then focused on the game plan.
– Rolled through half way in 1:12:06, getting excited I started to accelerate.
– At 26km the wheels started to fall off, re-focussing I concentrated back on my game plan.
– I started to pull through the struggling runners over the final 10km.
– Relief set in as I hit the 40km mark, knowing I was on track.
– Elation bubbled inside as I crossed the finish line - finally, a time I can be proud of.
– 90min later, I could finally complete my drug test sample.
– Beers and good times with friends followed.
Like what you read, check out my Gold Coast Marathon post from 2015